Wednesday, July 11, 2007

2 month check up and you're putting a camera where?

Henry had his 2 month check up on the 5th (when he was actually 10 weeks old). He weighed 12 lbs 2 oz and was 22 1/2 inches long! He is in the 75% for weight and 25% for height. The doctor said that it takes longer for preemies to catch up in height and not to worry--his feet and hands are still good indicators that he will show off his dad's Swedish heritage. The doctor was very pleased with his progress!

He also has slept through the night once. But the next day I bragged about it and so he hasn't done it since. I am hoping he will tonight as he was awake from 7:30 am to around 3:30pm today. But fortunately, he isn't screaming when he is awake so he remains a relatively easy baby. I suppose he figures I put up with enough while I was pregnant.

My pregnancy bed rest is still haunting me as I'm having some GI trouble and get to have a flexible sigmoidoscopy in a week and a half. Sigmoidoscopy is a fancy way of saying "butt-scope." Awesome!! Thankfully, the gastrointerologist's office is literally around the corner from my room at the hospital, so it will be a bit of a homecoming for me.

1 comment:

The Little Bear said...

Wow, EJ! He has grown so much and he really does look a lot like you. What a cutie! Keep singing to him, no matter what the tune, because you are just sharing your love for music with him. Remember my pound puppy, PP? Your bear story made me laugh and think that there is no way I'm giving up PP to anyone! So have you relinquished the bear to Henry yet, or just to take photos?!