Wednesday, February 28, 2007

26 weeks and counting...

Yesterday was a busy day. My friend Kaden visited and then I hosted a knitting class with another antepartum mommy and a couple of nurses. Then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Troyer. My amniotic fluid is still low, but she thinks is will take awhile to readjust since they took me off the Indocin. So she will come back on Friday to check on me. She has instructed me to drink at least 120 oz of water a day between now and then. If my fluids do not go up, she will put me back on the IV. So yet again, my day will be centered around using the bedpan. Ugh!

I am still dilated between 2-3 cm, but since I have not had any contractions in 10 days and Henry still has great movement so I GOT TO TAKE A SHOWER TO WASH MY HAIR!!! Granted, it was only a 2 minute shower and I had to sit while doing it, but it felt great. Dr. Troyer will asses if this shower and the pressure on my cervix had any negative affects on Friday. If things look good, I may be able to have my seated 2 minute showers twice a week. Thank God I have curly hair to combat flat, greasy bed head!

Since I made it to 26 weeks, Sloan brought in yummy Mio's pizza and we celebrated by watching a little Law & Order.

3 comments:

Sloan Phillips said...

i am very proud of you and I love you more each and every day

Michelle said...

Hey Elizabeth!
I've been staying posted on you and Henry from afar! Word from WEPC travels fast...all the way down to NC. I'm sorry to see that your laid up(side down) in the hospital, but am GLAD to hear that Henry is doing well! Keep up your spirits and know that God already knows Henry birthday and will bring him into this world at exactly the right time.

Michelle McClure

kristen said...

Praying for you and Henry and Sloan... and excited for showers :o)