Monday, March 26, 2012

Team Peeta

I wrote a longer post this morning while I was getting my car inspected, but for now, I simply want to declare unequivocally that I am on Team Peeta.  And to be clear, I'm not even sure how anyone else could be on Team Gale. 

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just carry on and maybe pick up a copy of The Hunger Games trilogy.  You'll finish it in less than a week because you will shirk all other responsibilities to finish it. 

To be sure, both Gale and Peeta love Katniss.  But Gale's love is self-serving, while Peeta's love is selfless.  Gale is a hard man.  Peeta is light and lovely and, for the love of Peeta, the boy bakes cheesy bread!  I couldn't stand Gale.  And I hated Katniss when she was with him.  His love for her hardened her, made her selfish.  While Peeta's love softened her.  But in a way that allowed her still to be strong and vibrant.  And if you find a man whose love allows you vulnerability and vitality, well, he's a rare keeper.  And again, let's not forget the cheesy bread!!

Oh, there's also the fact that I've had a pretty big crush on Josh Hutcherson since 2005's Little Manhattan.  It could be because of this...


Sloan Phillips in his youth...

And a young Josh Hutcherson...

And so now the cast to the Lifetime Network movie of my life is complete.

No comments: