Thursday, November 18, 2010

2200 words down memory lane...

Dearest Henry,
Today I wrote about the day your Daddy and I first met you--September 15, 2006. You were 8 cells big. Your Uncle Biff prayed about how big God is and our desperate desire to hold you and then we watched you on an ultrasound screen. You amazed us.
Also today you picked out your own clothes for a lunch date with your Auntie Robin. You wore a sweater vest and a sport coat with patches on the elbows. You even wore your church shoes. You looked like a college professor. You only talked about trains twice at lunch. I was so proud of you.
So if you need to hide under the couch pillows for 30 minutes tomorrow because you are mad at me for saying no to a second episode of Thomas, it's okay. You still amaze me.

No comments: