Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home to a Hottie

When I came home from Charlotte, Henry had a fever, wasn't eating well, and was very lethargic. At first, I lied to myself thinking he wanted all the Mommy-cuddles because I'd been away. But let's get real--the boy can't stand to sit still. So I took his temp and it was 104. So we did the usual, alternated between Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours and took lots of luke warm baths. I was trying to delay the inevitable. I didn't want to pay another copay just to hear that he has a virus and there is nothing the Doctor can do for him. Oh, and did I mention that the pediatrician is by our old house, 30 minutes away? But after 2 days of him not eating and still the 104 fever, I broke down. So with his 15 month check up this Friday, this is going to be a 2 copay week for the Phillips family. But this definitely cinched the deal of us getting a pediatrician in the Midlo area.

So the Big H has an ear infection and Strep throat. So we are back on antibiotics, I desperately miss the gym, and oh yeah, Augmentin has given Henry diarrhea. Serious. Even with the probiotics and yogurt at every meal. We're talking poop soup people. I went to have a smell check of his heiny, only to see the stuff dripping down his leg into a puddle on the floor. And he was splashing his foot in the puddle with great delight. I like to think this is a sign of his great disposition--you know, like is kind of crappy sometimes, but you can still find the joy in it and all that. Needless to say, it was a 7 wipe diaper change and then into the tub.


He is getting better though. He was back to his usual piggy self this morning at breakfast--a yogurt, cheerios, a scrambled egg with cheese, blueberries, and strawberries. In hind sight, berries were probably a bad choice in light of the poop soup.


As I type, I think he is on the phone to Nasa. He has an old cell phone of my he likes to play with and he usually never goes anywhere without his rocket ship puzzle piece. I could put the puzzle back together, dig a hole in the ground outside and then lay concrete over it, and he could still find the rocket ship puzzle piece. It is most certainly his favorite.


He has also discovered that he can climb into the ottoman where I keep his toys in the living room. He thinks this is super fun, until at some point he closes himself up in the ottoman. It gets very quiet for about 5 seconds. And then there is this loud wail--"MA MA MA MA MA MA MA!" And I open the lid and we're all giggles again. And to make it really fun, we repeat.

2 comments:

kristen said...

I know she's not the closest, but I've never had a better pediatrician than Dr. Clark at Woodlake Village Pediatrics. http://woodlakevillagepediatrics.com/ Her well visits are 10 times more comprehensive than any other pediatrician (even others I like and am happy with.) She'll meet you at the office after hours. She listens to parents and treats them with dignity and respect. She's just a really good doctor. The website is cheesy but it'll get you her info.

kristen said...

And of course I hope Henry feels better!