Monday, August 13, 2007

Watermelon Festival and Matthew McConaughey

My good friend Carol Chalk was in town this weekend and we got to do some crafting. I showed her how to make French memo boards and she showed me how to make those fleece knot blankets.

We also took Henry to his first Richmond Watermelon Festival in Carytown. We discovered that pushing a stroller actually makes things easier as people get out of the way for you. Henry was a little angel even at lunch, probably because Auntie Carol cuddled him and let him watch the ceiling fan.

In addition to ceiling fans, he also loves taking baths. We spray the wand and he just laughs and coos. You would think that the water in his face would make him unhappy, but he just loves it. He also enjoys watching television. He was fussing a bit this morning and so I put him in his Bumbo seat while I made him a bottle and turned on the TV. It was the movie Sahara and immediately he calmed down and smiled. I tried changing the channel so I could watch something else and he whimpered. So, like his father, the boy loves the movie Sahara. Which is good as it seems like it is always on TV.

No comments: