Friday, June 22, 2007

Isabel and Henry

Just when I think Henry is getting big, we go visit his cousins and he is dwarfed by his 9 month old cousin Isabel. He is more than twice the size he was at birth, weighing in at 11 lbs, 5 oz on the June 20th.

His cousin Isabel sure loves Henry. She gets very upset when we try to keep her hands off of him, and enjoys playing with the jiggly elephant on his car seat. She loves having her hands washed off so she can investigate the only person she has ever seen smaller than her. They are becoming fast friends.

Henry doesn't seem to mind his cousins attention. Mainly he enjoys her hand me down swing and loves snoozing poolside in her Ambibaby hammock. His Aunt Sonya even rigged fans to the hammock so he can snooze and sway in style.

Last night was his first night sleeping in his crib in his room. He had been sleeping in a bassinet in our room, but Henry is a noisy sleeper and I've spent many a night with him on my chest on the living room couch so that Sloan could get a full night's sleep. I got a wonderful night of sleep, but I did miss him a bit.

We are very excited about this weekend as my college friend Jackie and her husband Cary are coming down from Baltimore. They are expecting a little girl, Natalie, in September. Henry is going to love getting together with all of my sorority sisters at New Year's every year as they all keep having girls.

No comments: