Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Take two Leapsters and call me in the morning

I spent most of the night up with Henry (yeah for finally getting the whole puke in the toilet scenario!).  Thankfully, he awoke feeling fine.  No more sore throat or hurt tummy.  He even whined when I told him that we couldn't go to the gym.  (I thought about it, because I love my two hours of me time--if it takes lifting weights and sweating on an elliptical to get it, so be it--but I would be ticked if someone else brought their kid to the gym 5 hours post-puke, so I declined.)  I could tell that Henry still wasn't 100% because his appetite was shotty and he wanted to spend all day in his robe.  And headband.

 
Because he takes getting well seriously.

I used the day as a bit of a loll day.  I may or may not still be in the Tshirt and jammies I put on yesterday.  We watched a lot of Olympics, played some Lego Star Wars on the Wii, and Leapsters and Leappads were out.  A lot.  

I used this "let media parent your kids while they are sick without guilt" day to get a lot of stuff done for the adoption.  And by a lot, I mean I talked to several case workers in various time zones. I joined Yahoo Groups.  I scanned docs, prepped letters for FedEx, and sent emails.  I would say the next big turn in our adoption journey would be sending off our dossier to the Congo.  And y'all, I'm about to turn on my blinker.  I expect to be able to get the rest of our documents authenticated by the end of the week.  Which means I'll be scanning and emailing and fedexing stuff next week.  You know, for translation.  

I am SO ready to just be waiting.  During Grace's adoption, I thought the paperwork was easy and the waiting was hard.  But it taught me that God is really driving this thing and He is more than trustworthy.  I am SO ready to have it in His hands.  To stop the juggling of redwells and secretaries of states.  I am ready to know there is nothing left to do but trust.  No more papers or notaries or scans.  Just trust.  

But the blinker is on.  The blinker IS ON.

No comments: