Monday, May 23, 2011

7 hours

See this lovely pic of me and my daughter?  Yeah, it's pretty much my favorite picture of all time.  No matter that it was taken with my iPhone in the lobby of my auto mechanic's garage.  (Hello?  New water pumps are expensive.  Augh.) 

Tomorrow morning I am waking up at 4am to pray.  Why 4am?  Because half-way across the world, in a time zone of 7 hours difference, there are two little boys who are waiting for their Mommy to take grainy pics of them on her lap while she waits for her car to get fixed.  Right now she is waiting for their papers to be filed at the US Embassy. Her sons are waiting in a orphanage in Ethiopia, wearing clothes that are hand me downs from Henry and other soon to be best friends here in Virginia.  Waiting to come play with their brother and sisters they met for the first time last month.  Waiting for their Mommy and Daddy to hop on a plane as soon as they get the call that their papers have arrived at the Embassy.  Which they are supposed to be doing tomorrow around midday. 
Their Mommy mentioned she was waking up to fast and pray.  Um, I won't be fasting.  I'll be drinking Diet Coke.  But I will be praying.  Fervantly.  Expectantly.  Confident that God will show up.

1 comment:

mollie said...

i hope your prayers are answered! our pastor and his wife have been waiting on that letter for months. they have had one of their children pass but not the other. its hearbreaking waiting every day and no news.

and that picture is perfection.