Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Real Txt Conversation

Upon learning my 15 year old nephew's new cell number and that he recently purchased a texting plan, I decided to do a little texting.  Particularly when my sister told me that earlier in the day he texted her that he refused to pay for the texting overages caused by her texting him all the time.  Below, is my favorite texting conversation ever.  With my most favorite 15 year old boy. 

Me:  So are you willing to pay for the texts when I text you all the time.  And I mean all the time. (2:48 pm)

C: Who is this?  (2:50 pm)

Me: Don't you wish you knew... (2:51 pm)

C:  Um, yeah, i kinda do.  So who is this?   (2:52 pm)

Me:  Someone awesome.  Really awesome.  (2:52 pm) (At this point, my sister and I are giggling as we look at my phone, willing it to vibrate and show a new text. Seriously, I almost peed my pants.)

C: Who?  (2:54 pm)  (And I must confess I was a little offended he didn't know it was me.  I'd pretty much given away my identity as someone awesome, right?)

Me:  Your coolest relative.  (2:54 pm) (Another dead give away.)

C: Casey?  Gracen?  (3:12 pm)

Me: You are dead to me.  (3:12 pm)

C: Aunt ej? (3:13 pm)

Me:  Booyah.  (3:15 pm) 

So then later I posted on his facebook page--"I cannot believe when thinking of your coolest relatives I came in third. You will no longer receive cash and cheese puffs for presents. I will return to knitting your gifts. Hope you like scarves and beanies."

About ten minutes later, I received another text.

C:  Hey, i was kidding about the other names.  i had your name in my phone.  (8:57 pm) (Yeah, right.  What 15 year old puts his aunt's cell # in his phone as soon as he gets it?)

Me: Uh huh.  You are still getting scarves and beanies. (9:01 pm)

C: Okay, see if i ever babysit for you again.  : p  (9:02 pm)

Me: A. Let's not talk crazy now.  B. Let me know when you are done with masters camp so we can go shoe shopping.  Henry is rockin' a pair of navy and white leather Pumas.  (9:07 pm)  (C owns pretty much every shoe by Vans ever produced.)

C:  Alright, I love shoe shopping with my aunt and henry. (9:09 pm) 

No comments: