Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This little piggy...

Auntie Kate and Uncle Dan visited Friday night. They came all the way from New York City and introduced Henry to his first dog, Charlie. Charlie seemed more interested in his bouncy seat to be sure. We celebrated by drinking champagne and watching Kate on Law and Order.

Henry is becoming quite the chunkster. He no longer has old man legs but has gotten the oh-so-cute chubby thighs that only babies can pull off. He will be 5 weeks tomorrow and I guess he probably weighs 8 1/2 pounds. At least. Last Tuesday he weighed 7lbs 12 oz.

I know exactly how much he weighed last Tuesday as I had my first nervous Nellie take your kid for no reason visit to the Pediatrician. Henry makes this noise that sounds a bit like a stuffy nose and a bit like a pig snorting. I was concerned that he was having trouble breathing. He is fine. Apparently he just makes pig noises. A lot. Especially when he is upset or is pooping. For this reason, I call him my little Piglet. This nickname makes Sloan upset as he thinks Henry will get some sort of weight complex. But I think it is cute.

The fact that I call him Teenwolf when we give him a bath might give him a complex. Because he was born early, he still has some of his lanugo everywhere and has a hairy back. You can really see the hair until he is wet. Sloan hates this nickname as well. Oh well.

No comments: